The Lancaster PA Amish are America’s oldest Amish settlement, which was founded in 1760. Here thousands continue to live a centuries-old simple lifestyle where the horse and buggy remain the primary mode of transportation. Step back in time to enjoy a slower pace.
The Lancaster PA Amish are involved in agriculture and a variety of small cottage industry businesses. These industries include buggy rides, attractions, tours, crafts and food. When you visit, be sure to take a tour of the Pennsylvania Amish countryside. There’s many ways to explore this area, including via horse and buggy! Guests also love exploring the many Amish-themed attractions, and events, shopping for Amish crafts, and dining on Pennsylvania Dutch cooking.
Lancaster PA Amish Attractions:
- The Amish Experience at Plain & Fancy Farm: 3121 Old Philadelphia Pk, Bird-in-Hand, PA, PHONE: (717) 768-8400
- The Amish Village: 199 Hartman Bridge Rd, Ronks, PA, PHONE: (717) 687-8511
- Amish Farm and House: 2395 Covered Bridge Drive, Lancaster, PA, PHONE: 717-459-0721
- Old Windmill Farm: 262 Paradise Lane, Ronks, PA, PHONE: (717) 687-7929
- Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum: 2451 Kissel Hill Rd, Lancaster, PA, PHONE: (717) 569-0401
- Mennonite Information Center: 2209 Millstream Road, Lancaster, PA, PHONE: (717) 299-0954
- Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society: 2215 Millstream Road, Lancaster, PA, PHONE: (717) 393-9745
Amish Tours & Buggy Rides:
- Strasburg Scooters: 246 N. Decatur Street, Strasburg, PA, PHONE: (717) 344-2488
- AAA Buggy Rides – Kitchen Kettle Village: 3529 Old Philadelphia Pk, Intercourse, PA, PHONE: (717) 989-2829
- Abe’s Buggy Rides: 2596 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand, PA, PHONE: (717) 392-1794
- Ed’s Buggy Rides: 253 Hartman Bridge Road, Ronks, PA, PHONE: (717) 687-0360
- Amish Country Buggy Rides: 3023 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird in Hand, PA, PHONE: (717) 929-0579
- Lancaster County Amish Tours: 501 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA, PHONE: (717) 314-6290
- Aaron and Jessica’s Buggy Rides: 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird in Hand, PA, PHONE: (717) 768-8828
A Message from Discover Lancaster: “As all segments of our tourism industry continue to re-open, the safety of our visitors remains our highest priority. Please click the link below to view the latest information regarding travel to Lancaster County. https://www.discoverlancaster.com/lancaster-county-during-coronavirus-covid-19/“
When visiting Lancaster County PA, stay at the Amethyst Inn, conveniently located near Lancaster PA Amish attractions.